Dr Peter Bush
Dr Peter Bush, Doctor
Experience:  Member of the Institute of Healthcare Management
75055251

I have had some implant surgery done.. 3 implants in lower

Customer Question

I have had some implant surgery done.. 3 implants in lower jaw... full denture was in place. The surgery was done in March this year and since the tissue grew over implants requiring further surgery. Nothing has been done since on lower jaw. I was told they would do upper jaw at a cost of £6250. He proceeded to open upper gums to find the bone is too thin and so decided I should have a cat scan to see further. I wish to go to another dentist as feel this is ridiculous but don't want to incur a lot of unnecessary fees. At the beginning I signed to say he could go ahead with lower jaw at a cost of £7750... I have paid £3250 for 3 implants screwed into bone. There is no bar nor denture as promised and as you are aware it is now late September. Can you advice me please as to what I can do
Expert:  Dr Peter Bush replied 4 years ago.

Dr Peter Bush :

Hi, Has the surgery been finished on the bottom jaw?

Customer:

no

Dr Peter Bush :

I would suggest you to speak to the dentist, not just the receptionist, You can do this at any time this is your right, and to find out why things have not gone to plan.

Customer:

he speaks through his receptionist so I will have to be pushy#

Dr Peter Bush :

The dentist can then explain to you in full why things have not gone to plan. It may be very costly to change dentists at this time as you have already signed a contract for the first lot of treatment. Yes demand that you have an appointment with the dentist, a receptionist is not medically qualified to be able to assist you.

Dr Peter Bush :

I would also recommend as you are in the UK, you speak to your GP also, and ask for a referral to the Maxofacial unit at the local hospital.

Dr Peter Bush :

They would be able to assist you and it would be care under the NHS which may avoid large sums of fees. This may also be the best way to get a 2nd opinion by a consultant surgeon.

Customer:

that's a good idea

Customer:

ty

Dr Peter Bush :

No problems, if you continue to get problems with your Dentist you can complain to the local community health council in your area. If you could leave a positive rate below that would be great.

Dr Peter Bush :

You can also return to ask any questions at any time.