Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I am 45 and have a gritty inflamed testicles /penis and below

Customer Question

I am 45 and have a gritty inflamed testicles /penis and below .Ive been tested for gonarear cythalis and HIV and was negative .. Testicles are Swallen and hard . My girlfriend tells me that they are not moving around now. Feeling cold in my feet and hands . Feverish 2 nights ago with cold sweat . my girlfriend the same inside her virgina and its been 4 months now.
She had something wrong with her ears (DIZZYNESS) That went yesterday and now the soreness between her legs has completely come back.
Expert:  Dr Peter Bush replied 4 years ago.

Dr Peter Bush :

Hi, How long has this been going on for?

JACUSTOMER-fzvylpgt- :

4months

Dr Peter Bush :

What do you mean your girlfriend has the same?

JACUSTOMER-fzvylpgt- :

2 days after we last had sex she was sore the after that I became inflamed 4 months later we still have it

Dr Peter Bush :

Have you had a test for chylamydia?

JACUSTOMER-fzvylpgt- :

yes its all on the notes I sent too you

Dr Peter Bush :

Do you have any other symptoms (discharge, pain on going to the toilet), I did read the notes but you had not mentioned chylamydia within the notes

JACUSTOMER-fzvylpgt- :

Sorry. Had tests 3 Vds with blood and urine at The Garden Clinic ..Upton Hospital Slough .....Everything clear .No discharge Sometimes White mucus around my poo.

Dr Peter Bush :

It is sounding like an infection of some sort, as you have both contracted it, possibly thrush which is easily treatable. As you have received all the tests which have come back negative, I think the possibility of something sinister going on is minimal. I am quite concerned about your GP's attitude and he was most certainly not right to ask you if it was in your head, and I am not sure why Scarlatina Drops were given.

Dr Peter Bush :

White mucus in the stools can be caused by a variety of things, I would ask your Doctor to do a H pylori blood test to test for any infection within the gastrointestinal areas.

JACUSTOMER-fzvylpgt- :

I know ....we need help

Dr Peter Bush :

I would advise you to try taking fluconazole which you purchase over the counter at the chemist and also get some clotimazole cream. If these do not work within 4/5 days then you will need to ask your GP for a referral to a specialist at the hospital for further investigation

Dr Peter Bush :

Nothing sinister is coming to mind given your symptoms, and the fact that you are both suffering is leading to the possibility of an infection. I would try the items which I just told you about (which can be purchased over the counter). Try to stop using any perfumed bathroom items such as shower gels or soaps as these can further irritate the areas concerned. If with using the items above nothing is improving then you will need to be seen by a specialist at the hospital, which your GP can arrange a referral too.

JACUSTOMER-fzvylpgt- :

Is there any other virases that match our problems below ((feeling of rash inside penis when squeezed gently)) etc

Dr Peter Bush :

It is narrowed down by the fact that both of you are suffering, I would try the treatment for Thrush first.

Dr Peter Bush :

This should alleviate the symptoms you are suffering. Both of you can take fluconazole and you can both use clotimazole cream.

Dr Peter Bush :

Thrush Penis Inflammation and Vaginal Thrush would both match the symptoms you are suggesting, and I would advise that you should start the treatment for Thrush

Dr Peter Bush :

If you could rate positively below, and any further questions can be asked at anytime, also would you like me to arrange a follow up in 7 days to see how things are progressing, and whether you have any other questions.

JACUSTOMER-fzvylpgt- :

does thrush make you sore inside the penis , inside the groin area (inner penis) ,?

Dr Peter Bush :

Thrush can make your groin area sore, And leave the penis very sore

Dr Peter Bush :

Dr Peter Bush :

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Dr Peter Bush :

Hi, Im sorry you lost connection