DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

On 9th August I was bitten on my ankle by my family pet cat.

On 9th August I was bitten on my ankle by my family pet cat. There were 2 deep puncture woulds which bled quite a lot. My doctor gave me a tetnus and a weeks anti-biotics. The following day I felt for a 2 week holiday in the USA. During the holiday the wound was red and inflammed with a lot of pus coming out. My ankle swelled constantly although I put this down to the heat and a lot of walking. Eventually after 3 weeks the wound has dried up and looks healed. However I have been feeling unwell recently including pain in my back from the kidney area to the low back the pain gets worse when I lay down. My have a permanant feeling of nausea, lack of appetite and real lethagy. Am concerned my cat bite may be the cause of something horrible or it may be totally unrelated.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Mary - 53 yrs old
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from ja
What was the antibiotic?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry cannot remember but I am allergic to penicillin.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
I don't think this is related to the bite.
However, some antibiotics can cause kidney inflammation.
This is usually temporary, but I advise you see your doctor for urinalysis and renal function serum testing tomorrow.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
Use reply as needed.
Please do not forget a positive rating.