Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Hi - I have a small red blotch or rash on my under the

Customer Question

Hi - I have a small red blotch or rash on my penis under the foreskin. It is not itchy or causing me any pain at all. The rash only appears in the morning when I wake up then gradually disappears throughout the day which is odd. However, it keeps returning frequently, some days the blotch appears darker than others. I am not having un protected sex with anyone other than my girlfriend. I wondered if it might be a reaction to alcohol or certain foods? I have had it about 2 months now and am getting concerned it could be something that needs attention .. Jim
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Patches like this may be from balanitis, an infection and inflammation under the foreskin. It is treated with a combination of clotrimazole cream (which is effective for yeast) and neosporin cream. You should apply both twice daily but not at the same time.

If this is not effective within about a week, you should make an appointment with your GP, since its not likely to be a fungal or bacterial infection.