Dr. Natasha
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine, Ivy League trained
16455829

I have a daughter aged 24, she has suffered with very bad pains

Customer Question

I have a daughter aged 24, she has suffered with very bad pains in all her joints since she was a very young child. When she was young I was told she had infantile arthritis, however as she grew up the doctors kept changing their minds, even to date we have not a clear diagnosis of her condition. She is in severe pain on a daily basis, yes, she does work although finds it extremely difficult to move in the mornings and really has to struggle all day due to the intense pain in her legs, hips and back. As well as this she has been told she is infertile, and to live life without having a baby is something she is finding very difficult to deal with. Her G P has given her this information only via a blood test, and said she will need to attend the fertility department at the hospital. However, since this date her partner run off with someone else (because she was told she could nto have children), hence the hospital fertility department refuse to see her. My daughter really does need to know why she is infertile (her G P's words were "you are not ovulating"). Is there some sort of tests she can have that will give her some answers, even if she is in an early change, she needs to know. The entire problem with not knowing if she is really never to have a baby and the intense pain in her legs, hips and back is just too much for her, she is so depressed. Her G P has given her depression medication, but this is not what she wants. She wants answers, but there seems to be no-one she can go to that is willing to help her. Please, please, please can you help or suggest a name and/place where we can get help from. My daughter and I both work, but unfortunately are not in any position where money does not matter, we are willing to pay, but cannot afford to pay thousands. My daughter and I are desperate and need help so so much. Thanking you for your assistance, we look forward to hearing from you. Mrs Sharon Palmer
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Cameron :

hello are you still there?

Dr. Cameron :

wow

Dr. Cameron :

this is a truly terrible thing to have to go through!

Dr. Cameron :

There are many reasons for having issues with fertility- male and female and MANY of these are surmountable

Dr. Cameron :

The most important thing is to :

Dr. Cameron :

1. Get a good gynecologist (not a GP- because this is NOT their specialty)

Dr. Cameron :

2. Get an ovulation monitor. These are cheap.

Dr. Cameron :

3. Get the book: Taking Charge Of Your Fertility

Dr. Cameron :

Let me know when you are back online to chat

JACUSTOMER-vyacv1vf- :

Thanking you for your reply, however we were hoping for a little more advice than the 1 2 3 detailed above. My daughter is desperate to find out why she is in constant pain all the time, as well as this she is always tired. Although she gets up early (7am) in the morning to go to work, I actually take her in my car as we work in the same building, hence she does not walk too far or use any public transport. When she finishes work I bring her home again, what I am trying to say is that even just doing her daily work (she is a telephone debt collector) she has to go to bed at 8.30pm, otherwise she cannot get up again the next morning for work. There is obviously something very wrong with her health, constant pain, constant tiredness, not being able to fall pregnant, and all of this is causing her to suffer from very bad depression. We would really like to receive information that can help her and hopefully turn her life around and make her happy and pain free, with hopefully a baby as well.

JACUSTOMER-vyacv1vf- :

I have replied, please see above information. We await your reply in anticipation, hopefully this is a genuine site, I will be very upset if this is all I get for my £54.

Dr. Cameron :

Dr. Cameron :

It took you 4 days to reply to me

Dr. Cameron :

Has your you daughter had any labs to find out why she is so tired and cannot pregnant?

Dr. Cameron :

In specific- full blood count, thyroid test, prolactin levels?

Dr. Cameron :

Has she had an ultrasound of her ovaries? testing for polycystic ovarian syndrome

Dr. Cameron :

Finally, has she seen a specialist?

Dr. Cameron :

I am waiting for your reply. Please keep in mind that I do sleep as well. So I will get back to you during my waking hours PST. I hope to hear from you soon