Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I SUFFER FROM NERVES SHAKING ETC I AM IN MY EARELY 70 HELP

Customer Question

I SUFFER FROM NERVES SHAKING ETC I AM IN MY EARELY 70 HELP PLEASE ALFRED
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Do you mean that you have tremors?
Since how long you have the symptoms?
What tests you have underwent?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

YES I DO HAVE TREMORES ALL IN THE RIGHT ARM I HAVE HAD ALL THE TEST AT CAMBRIDGE AND LOCACL BUT I STILL SHAKE

Dear Alfred
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

Hand shaking or tremors can be due to various reasons.Most common of them are:Parkinson's disease,Multiple sclerosis,degenerative brain disorder,alcohol withdrawal, thyroid disorders,Stroke,Brain tumor,fatigue, stress, anxiety,depression,certain neuropathies.

Sometimes the cause is unknown called the idiopathic causes.

There is no permanent cure for most tremors/hand shaking.

Symptomatic drug therapy is available for several types of tremor. Drug treatment for parkinsonian tremor involves levodopa and/or dopamine-like drugs such as pergolide mesylate, bromocriptine mesylate, and ropinirole.Lifestyle changes, such as reducing stress and avoiding caffeine and alcohol, may improve symptoms.

Deep brain stimulation is sometimes done when drugs cannot control a severe, disabling tremor .Tiny electrodes are placed in the area of the brain involved in tremors. The electrodes deliver a painless shock to block the impulses causing tremors.

So I advice you to consult your neurologist for neurological testing to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert