Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hello,my daughters is 16 when she was 2she was diagnosed with

Customer Question

Hello,my daughters is 16 when she was 2she was diagnosed with pradawilli syndrome after I brain scan her weight steadily got worse we tried every thing but she couldn't loose it, when she was11we were told there had beenough a mistake and although part of the brain that told you when you are hungry did my work it wasn't pradawilli after all, she mow has polysistic ovaries and her periods stopped 2 years ago, we have tried and tried to get help but can't, she is very depressed and now weighs 19 st it is having a huge impact on all of us nut most of all her quality of life is restricted,of our own doctors can't help what van I do to help her, christine
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

is she on metformin?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

They have just put her on that

She is on the right track then

this medicine will do very good things for her

It will help with weight loss for sure

If this doesn't help, then she may need surgery on the ovaries.

Here is an article about it.

I think this will help though.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/polycystic-ovary-syndrome/DS00423/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

A positive rating is the only way I am credited for my work. However, my main goal is your 100% satisfaction. If you are satisfied, please rate positively. If not, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.