Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Hi I am 20 years old and I suffer mainly from high percentage

Customer Question

Hi I am 20 years old and I suffer mainly from high percentage of body fat, lately I had doubts of having gynecomastia, in most cases I am aware its caused by higher oestrogen rate over testosterone but my unwillingness to undergo cosmetic surgery have given me no option but to use pills in order to regulate conversion of testosterone into oestrogen, may I know what sort of pills are recommended for my situation?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
This would in no way be the indicated treatment for begin over weight.

Not at all.
First of all you don't even have measurements and it is not likely to be a testosterone problem or estrogen problem compared to far more common problems.

Have you had
Physical exam
Thyroid studies
Cortisol levels
Diet examination
Lifestyle examination
Testosterone level, free testosterone, SHBG

If so, what readings have been obtained?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Doctor

Certainly I would assume it's diameter is already more than 4cm as per basic diagnosis of gynecomastia, I haven't got any blood test done for the past year but the last one was done for the thalassaemia that I had early in my childhood, nothing changed except for some lack of liver hormones over time, I have been trying to optain a healthier lifestyle over the past 2 years and it includes cutting down carbs and more proteins, I'm not consistent very much on going to the gym but I would estimate it to once or twice a week at least.

other measurements:

- weight: 105kg

- height: 178.5

- fat percentage: 25.7%

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
This is nothing to go on at all.
No one would try to treat your testsoterone on this basis
You need to see an internal medicine doctor and have all of the labs I mentioned above
Can you do that?