Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

i have fybromyalgia ,i am forty nine yrs, for the last five

Customer Question

i have fybromyalgia ,i am forty nine yrs, for the last five yrs it has bcome really bad,around one to two weeks before my period ,i get really bad pain in shoulder arm and chest, pulpatations.i am really angry,agitated to extreme ,unlike the usual symptoms i used to get .my periods are alot heavier and i get more stomach cramps than i used to,i think i am pre menapausal as well, i think i will explode. I also have suffered with more hair problems on legs,which has been a real burden in my life.i wake up and feel exhausted ,although ive slept for hrs ,my eyes feel heavy and my body feels like its dragging and heavy what can i do?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

hi there

Dr. Shahzad MD :

thank you for your question

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes I agree with you that since you are around the age of menopause you are having premenopausal symptoms

Dr. Shahzad MD :

There is a long list of premenopausal or menopausal symptoms that a lady can have at this age.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I am giving you a weblink where you can read about some of the most common symptoms:

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Most of your symptoms do fit into the premenopausal symptoms.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Since these symptoms are really taking a toll on you I think that you should discuss these with an ob/gyn doctor or an endocrinologist to evaluate you and treat these premenopausal symptoms with hormone replacement possibly.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do rate me for my services only when you are done asking.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Kindest Regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 years ago.

I tried the live chat session but it did not work out.

I have answered your question above.

Do let me know if you have any further questions that you would like me to answer.

Please do rate me for my services when you are done asking and when you are satisfied.

Kindest Regards