Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

How can I reduce badly bruised and swollen eyes and forehead

Customer Question

How can I reduce badly bruised and swollen eyes and forehead due to fall?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there, Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that you are doing the right thing by placing ice packs. However I would strongly recommend that you should go to the A & E to have you examined to make sure everything is fine and to make sure there is no internal injury in the head.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If you fell unconscious or had bleeding from the ear or clear fluid coming out from the nose then again that is a clear indication to go to the emergency as it indicates a fracture in the skull.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Meanwhile I would also recommend that you should take over the counter anti inflammatory medications like ibuprofen 400 mg three times daily which will help with the pain and swelling.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Rate me for my services when you are done asking.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Kindest Regards