Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Hi For years I have had bother with an itch in my skin without

Customer Question

For years I have had bother with an itch in my skin without a rash. I find that it can come on after a shower but not all the time so I but it down to dry skin but seven years ago I started to get a lot of heat in my skin so bad I had to sit in a bath of cold water which help, a dermatologist said I had a condition where the immune system is attacking the blood cells in my skin and I also have red dots all over my arms and upper body. I was also told that the longest time any one has had this is 18 months, that was 7 years ago. At the same time I was taking what I would describe as a virus, I became unwell and would feel cold and shivery and the pain all over my body was horrendous and I would get terrible abdominal pain and colic in my right side under my rib cage. Then I would start to sweat, this would always last about 24 hours then the pain would go away, I have been having this about twice a year but feel ill all the time, my doctor does not know what this is and get continues blood tests and urine test but cant find what is wrong and all so the pain in my right side is there all the time. Could you please read this and let me know what you think this is as I am really desperate.
Margaret.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I can certainly help you with this as a double board certified doctor
What tests have you had....all...Have you had thyroid testing