Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

hey doc i have was admitted to hospital with awful abdominal

Customer Question

hey doc i have was admitted to hospital with awful abdominal pain, was given antibiotics for a week then prescribed perdnisolone steroid for over a period of say 6 months starting on 7 for two weeks then 6 and so forth. i am now down too 4, so as you can read its being a while at first things got comfortable, pain managed etc but over the last few days the pain is unbearable but let my explain im a big guy 6"3 and i can handle pain but this is bringing me too tears.Tomorrow i have an app for an ultrasound"should have mentioned before i had a ct/mri scan when in hospita" l thats my only reason for not going to a&e today or day before. so my question is what could this be? they said they were looking at crohns i have read up on the symptoms they don't relate too me. I would appericate any advice, feed back as im really concerned as to what is going on with me and self diagnosing with the information on net is not good i need advice as too what i need to ask the doctors as i am sitting like a witless child
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

What symptoms do you have outside of pain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

why don't your symptoms fit with crohn's

What are your symptoms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

dr i dont have much money so am i being charged for these questions? but like i said none your the doc you know the symptoms. i don't suffer from none from what i've read< you tell me what symptons of crohns are they maybe differ to what i've read

No, you are only charged once

I only get paid when you rate me positively

There is one charge here Paul

I am just gathering information in order to give you the best answer.

The symptom I know is pain. That's it. That doesn't tell me much Paul

I need to know if you have fever, diarrhea, chills, nausea, vomiting
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok doc thanks no i have none of the above yes i would have suffered from diarrhea but not from prescribed perdnisolone my only symptoms are im in terrible pain in my whole lower abdominal area doc i can suffer all sorts of pain but this is unbearable im not great at explaining or answering questions i just want some sort of knowledge when i go to my app tomorrow i just know something isn't right and when you go in thick you leave even more confused. things i think you may need to know i have lost weight and a great amount but i was trying i was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes so i lost 3 stone from December too august then another drop by another 7lbs then admitted to hospital prescribed perdnisolone and ahve put on some weight but mainly my face

What other meds are you on now?
Sorry about the late reply

This is definitely crohns disease or ulcerative colitis

You need a colonoscopy to confirm

That is the next step
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

A positive rating is the only way I am credited for my work. However, my main goal is your 100% satisfaction. If you are satisfied, please rate positively. If not, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.