Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Hello, my question is--If a person has a dvt/ clot moving in

Customer Question

Hello, my question is--If a person has a dvt/ clot moving in their body can standing them up to walk have a detrimental effect?
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 3 years ago.

No, standing up will not have a detrimental effect.

In fact, it will be helpful. Walking is advised for persons at risk of DVT or who already have a clot.

Take care.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply, I have more questions on the matter--If the person goes into cardiac arrest What should be done? Also What is the recommended dosage of adrenaline or/and atropine? Also Are their chances of survival better in a hospital environment? Thank you

Hello Jacqueline,

These are three separate questions and Just Answer recommendation is that separate questions should be asked on different threads.

Please put each question again as a new question and opt for me.

If you are satisfied with the answer to this particular question, then please rate this answer positively.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Dr My first question is- if the person with the DVT/clot goes into cardiac arrest, what should be done?

No, I am afraid you have misunderstood.

This is still the same question.

You need to rate me on this thread for the answer I gave to your question regarding whether a person with clots can be moved or not. You need to give a positive rating if the answer was satisfactory which will close this thread.

You can then ask this question regarding what to do if a person with a DVT/clot goes into cardiac arrest by starting a new question. This is a complex and long question and will require quite a long answer, so you will also need to put a higher price for this question as your present price would be considered underpriced for such a long question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry but i thought i would still be able to ask you these questions till i was satisfied with the answers as its all linked?

They are not directly linked questions.

I am afraid I find it underpriced to answer three other quite complex questions on this same thread.

I am opting out of your question.

Please do hold on, my opting out will open the question for other experts on JA and other experts on the site will try to help you. Please wait till you get an answer from another expert.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I apologise its just that my daughter passed away 5 yrs ago and this is what happened to her, she had a pulmonary embolism and went into cardiac arrest but she didnt recieve cpr until around 9 minutes later and i have often wondered if she had cpr right away would it have had any effect? I suppose when i contacted your page this morning i should maybe have thought the question through properly?

Hello Jacqueline,

I have opted back in into your question since no one had picked up your question and you had not received your answer.

Now that you have rephrased your question, I can understand the context of your question. Initially it seemed to be four very open ended questions which would be difficult to answer.

I am sorry for your loss. Although I can understand that the events must be turning over and over in your mind and you are trying to make sense of it, I am afraid that her condition was a very serious condition with a very high mortality rate. It was just unfortunate that she happened to have this rare complication, but once the complication developed there was little chance of survival.

Cardiac arrest in PE is a rare complication. Mortality is very high because it is difficult to diagnose and the effects are very rapid. Although you must have been thinking about the sequence of events and whether she received adequate treatment, I hope it gives you closure to understand that it was not the fault of her medical treatment, the complication itself is such that death is all too often the result. The exact details of what went on of course cannot be established now, but no matter how the treatment progressed, chances of death were always very high and based on this, it is safe to say that the treatment was not at fault, it was the tragic combination of her initial condition and its complication.

Hope this helps you in attaining some closure on this tragic circumstance at least as to whether her treatment was adequate or not.

Look up this study which deals with this complication:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10826469