Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My are very tender and I dont usually get this feeling.

Customer Question

My breast are very tender and I don't usually get this feeling. My period was due yesterday and is usually regular and I have been feeling very sick when I wake up and I am getting heart burn a lot which is something I don't usually get. I had sex 12 days ago, I'm very emotionally and irratic in my mood and I am always tired, could I be pregnant?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--are your periods regular? In what way are your feeling sick?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi no they are not normally and just generally quesy

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Louise. Having had your period it is extremely unlikely that you could be pregnant but I won't say it's impossible. This could just be either the flu or a stomach virus but at this point, were you pregnant, a home pregnancy should be positive so you can go ahead and test yourself. I would suggest though that you see a doctor about this just for a thorough evaluation
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Apologies but I am yet to receive my period it was due 21st Oct but haven't had it yet and usually I am regular is it too soon to do a pregnancy test?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Terribly sorry that I misread your statement above. No, it isn't too soon but if a test is negative now you can repeat it in two more days--if it's also negative then, then you aren't pregnant
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Thanku if it is negative why are my breasts so painful and is there anything I can do?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
It could just be a hormone shift without your being pregnant. At this point, you should only take acetaminophen for pain in the unlikely case that you are pregnant