Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I had a hysteroscopy and a biopsy on July 16th. I am experiencing

Customer Question

I had a hysteroscopy and a biopsy on July 16th. I am experiencing pain on intercourse and afterwards a stinging burning sensation high inside my vagina. I am experiencing hot flushes too.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--first off why the studies and what were the results? Have you told your doctor about the problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Fibroids and haemorrhaging have to go in January for endometrial ablation.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Janette. It sounds as though you have some continuing cervicitis or inflammation of the cervix and you might actually also have an infection there from the procedure. I strongly suggest you not wait until January to let your doctor know about this--you need an examination now and you may also need a course of antibiotics
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did think that myself that it could be a cervical erosion, the canestan actually made it sting more. Thank you for your reply, I have an appointment at my GP on Monday.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
My pleasure Janette but please let me know how it goes and remember to rate my service to you