Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hello, I have a cold, but feel like my chest is tight and Im short of breath. I&

Customer Question

I have a cold, but feel like my chest is tight and I'm short of breath. I'm always cold even when heating is on full blast.
I'm a smiker and have high cholesterol (5.6) and I'm taking statin 40mg. I've been ttaking sudafed for my cold but its not helping.

my mom just had triple by-pass and I'm wondering if what I'm feeling is down to cold, anxiety or something else ?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--have you had your thyroid function tested? Can you explain for me what exactly you mean by short of breath?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I haven't. - do I need to?

I'm only taking short breaths, maybe because my nose is blocked most of the time.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK--how long have you had the abnormal cold feeling?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

8 days, and been taking cold medicine for 4 days but no change

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Walid. Some of this could be from anxiety and depression but it sounds as though you may have a sinus infection with some post nasal drip that's causing the shortness of breath. At this point I suggest you see a doctor and get some antibiotics to get rid of all these symptoms