Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Dear Doctor For last two years I have gave up drinking alcohol.

Customer Question

Dear Doctor
For last two years I have gave up drinking alcohol. I had been used to rather got addicdated to alcohol for last 20 yeaars. In the process I suffered ACUTE PANCRATITIs which is under control after proper medication. I have also undergone alchol. De toxification twice in laast two year. Now touchwood every thingh is normal except my sleep. Even after consuming ATIVAN 4 mg or Loppez 4 mg or NITROSEN 10 mg I couldnot sleep. Please suggest how to cope up with the problem
Subhashis
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--can you tell me more about your sleeping problem? Are you saying you can't sleep at all--neither at night or during the day?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no icant sleep at night if icant sleep in night then in day time I feel drowsy ,loss of appetite even after that also in the next night I face similar sleep problem

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK--how long has this been going on and has your doctor considered having you see a sleep specialist doctor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no not yet and this is continuing for a long time and in fact I started taking alcohol to have sleep only

I am totaly frustated and lost all sexual urge and always feel frustrated

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
I understand and we can continue after this if you need. I would have you see the sleep specialist to get you into a sleep restriction therapy program where it is possible to restructure your sleep schedule and over several weeks get you into a satisfactory night time sleeping pattern. Until then, I would consider trying either Seroquel or Ambien as a possibly effective sleeping aid for you