Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I Will be 50 next April and I also suffer from hot flushes

Customer Question

I Will be 50 next April and I also suffer from hot flushes due to menopause. my blood pressure have been high now for a while. I had a blood test done which result came back with a high cholesterol level at 7. My GP has booked me in for ECG and urine test next week. However, I've noticed in the last one week that my blood pressure has come down in the mornings sometimes as low as 109 -111 over 87/90 whereas my evening readings are much higher, averaging between 135/145 over 96 to 100. My GP is sceptical to recommend HRT due to the fact that I have small fibroid which is said not to be ok. Please advise as I am very worried. Should my blood pressure and cholesterol be treated? Regards, Mabel
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
Goal BP is 140/90 or less and your cholesterol is high
Those should both be treated.
You can try exercise and diet and recheck in 3-6 months. That is reasonable too.