Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Im having on going tests as it turns out Ive a few red spots

Customer Question

I'm having on going tests as it turns out I've a few red spots on my liver but since yesterday that area is very tender it hurts to bend over to pick something up. What should I do.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
It will help if you could provide some further information:
Do you mean that it hurts in your liver when you bend over to pick something up?
How were these red spots on your liver detected?
Are your liver blood tests normal?

I had asked for some additional information and have not heard back, so wanted to address what information is available.

There are several options to consider in this situation. Certainly, moist heat is reasonable, as you have tried. It also would usually be reasonable to use paracetamol to help with the pain. I asked about liver blood tests because there would be more of an issue with using paracetamol if the liver blood tests are abnormal. It also would usually be OK to use ibuprofen or naproxen for pain.

There are various medicines that are available by prescription if the over the counter medicines are not sufficient, but you would obviously need to be seen by your doctor for that.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.