Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for ten years now (began

Customer Question

I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for ten years now (began having it aged 13) and am somewhat fed up with it. I'm interested in any thoughts about it as a psychosomatic condition and how I might look to resolve it? It's made what had seemed like a very promising life until that point a misery, and I'm willing to look at any possibilities to help get over it. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Chronic fatigue syndrome is not likely based on any medical condition that can be cured with medication. The theory behind it being due to an infectious problem is weak at best.

Take a look at this link from the Mayo Clinic.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/chronic-fatigue-syndrome/DS00395

Treatment is based on symptom relief. I would suggest you consider first an antidepressant as a course of treatment.

Second look into alternative medicine, based on proper nutrition and supplements as a way to increase your energy level.

I hope this helps and good luck.