DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am 87 Had colonoscopy 5 weeks ago which had to be discontinued

Customer Question

I am 87 Had colonoscopy 5 weeks ago which had to be discontinued as incomplete procedure as I was in such pain. Albeit the hospital refused to sedate me because I live alone so opted for only Etonex. It is now under cnsideration as to whether I have it again.I was told the doctor was only able to view two thirds but could not see anything significant.I still have the same probems bu a not sure whether to have 2nd procdure if it is suggested. About 3yrs ago I had total Hysterctomy plus cystcle plus rectocele all at the same time,Had to have tvt bladder op 1yr later - no better.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Hello from ja

I am Dr. Thomas, double board certified physician with over 20 years of clinical experience. I will help you with your question and any follow up questions you have.

Yes you should have the procedure.

Missing a third of the colon can miss polyps.
Polyps can become cancerous.

It is worth having better sedation and getting it done, without question.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions.
Please do not forget a positive rating.