Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

i had i small size hard lump in my which i had checked.the

Customer Question

i had i small size hard lump in my penis which i had checked.the doctor said my penis may go into a bent shape which it has.is there any cure
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I will be glad to assist you today.

The name for this condition is Peyronie disease, which is due to the formation of fibrotic tissue that causes the curvature of the penis. There is no cure, but there are many potential interventions to consider that may help, although no intervention will work in all men.

There are a couple of interventions that are available without a prescription. The usual first-line intervention is to try a vitamin E supplement.Vitamin E is used in many condition that involve the formation of fibrous or scar tissue. Another supplement that may help is PABA (potassium aminobenzoate). Some people also try to use an over anti-inflammatory medicine, such as ibuprofen.

If these interventions are not helpful, then there are some prescription medicines that can be used, such as colchicine, or medicines that are injected locally, such as steroids, hyalurinidase, or verapamil. In men in whom none of these interventions are helpful, then surgery can be considered.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

I notice that this question is still open, so I wanted to be certain that all of your questions have been answered. If you have any further questions, please let me know.