Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have unexplained bruising to buttocks and legs, nausea, vomited

Customer Question

I have unexplained bruising to buttocks and legs, nausea, vomited a couple of days ago, I am lactose intolerant so avoid lactose products I have had bowel investigations so no bleeding there I have some issues in past with anemia
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
It will help if you could provide some further information:
How long have you had the unexplained bruising?
Has it also just been for the last few days, along with the nausea and vomiting?

I have asked for some further information and have not heard back, so wanted to address what information is available.

If the easy bruising has only been occurring over the past few days and is associated with nausea and vomiting, the primary concern would be whether there is liver involvement with an acute infection. This can occur as part of a generic viral infection, but it also could be related to a primary infection of the liver (hepatitis) or an infection of the gallbladder that is secondarily affecting the liver.

If the easy bruising has been a problem for a longer period of time, then it still could be from liver disease, but there are a variety of other causes of chronic liver dysfunction that would be a concern beyond an infection. There also could be a problem that directly is affecting to blood clotting mechanism that could be the cause of the easy bruising.

Ultimately, it would require a proper evaluation to determine the exact cause.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.