Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

what if any treatment for minor stroke causing loss of balance

Customer Question

what if any treatment for minor stroke causing loss of balance and poor memory
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please let me know.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Can you please mention what kind of treatment are you on at the moment?

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
I asked a few questions and tried the live chat session but did not work out.
I have switched to the question/answer mode.
Please answer the questions above so that I can help you out with your concerns.
Kindest Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am having no treatment at present other than taking a 75mg. asprin each evening but make myself walk about a mile per day, rather slowly, carrying two sticks in case I lose my balance.

My condition varies day to day and sometimes I feel fairly awful which is a pity for my wife. Up until about 5-6 years ago I was competing in horse trials and working young horses and life seems rather pointless at present but I am trying to stimulate a dormant intellect and take more of an interest in a variety of things. One thing that I should say is that I appear to be allergic to most pills, statins being about the worst.

If my blood pressure goes too high I will take Valsartan which does appear to bring it down.

I suppose that old age does not agree with me and apart from riding accidents I have been very fit and would like to turn the clock back which is a tall order!!

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
I understand that you are going through a tough phase but the great thing is that you still are doing a great job in walking everyday and trying your level best to keep yourself healthy.
I would like that you should continue doing what you are doing.
Let me know if you have more questions.
I will be happy to help further.