Dr Mask
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine
27212923

I have a chesty cough that gets worse when I go outside and

Customer Question

I have a chesty cough that gets worse when I go outside and I find hard to breath when out side what can you advise medicines to take
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer

Before helping you find the best plan of action I would need some additional information

1. Since when have you had this cough?

2. Is there any fever with it?

3. Do you have any history of allergies?

4. Have you been to a doctor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have had it about 3 days, I haven't been to the doctor , I don't have any allergies. , I'm slightly dizzy
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information and for your patience :)

Could you please tell the name of the syrup that you have already tried for this cough?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Benelyn chesty cough
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 3 years ago.
Thank you again for being patient :)

Keeping in view the pattern of your symptoms and your age this seems highly likely to be viral respiratory tract infection. It usually takes some time 4 to 5 days to clear up and the productive/chesty cough may persist for some time afterwards.

There is no specific medication to treat the viral infection however medication can be taken to help with the symptoms through the time that it may take to get better.

The helpful over the counter medication for you would be Robitussin Cough & Chest Congestion DM Max and you can add to it claritin or loratidine.

Besides this steam inhalation would help make things better and try to keep your nose and mouth covered when going outside.

Things should get better over time however if you start getting fever or the symptoms worsen then it would be best to seek medical attention.

Hope this helped you understand the situation and decide for the best plan of action :)

If satisfied please do remember to click on Positive Rating (Preferably number 5 please) If you need further clarification please do let me know instead of any rating.

Warm regards
Dr MASK