Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My middle finger on left hand is very sore and has pins and

My middle finger on left hand is very sore and has pins and neddles
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Since how long you have this? Do you have any neck pain there? Is there any swelling and redness there? Have you tried any pain killer so far? Any diagnosed medical problem or medications you are on? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No neck pain. I have it since this morning. I am 28 stone. I am on a micardis 80 mg for high blood pressure. I am also taking nu seal aspirin 75 mg
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. John i am sorry to hear about your problem. If there is no swelling the most likely cause for your finger pain can be nerve compression. If the finger is swollen then it can be due to some infection. Pins and needles is quite characteristic for nerve compression or inflammation so nerve related problems are more likely in your case. I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations irrespective of the cause over the counter tab naproxen twice daily can help you. Moreover application of ice packs and massage of the area with any over the counter anti inflammatory gel twice daily can help you. If symptoms persist despite these measures, do visit your doctor for stronger pain killers but don't stress yourself because nothing sounds serious. I am hopeful that my suggestions will help you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.