Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I had my nipples pierced about a year and a half ago, but took

I had my nipples pierced about a year and a half ago, but took them out about 10 months ago as one was sore. Couldn't get them in again and didn't bother after that discomfort eased. occasionaly I get a bit of white stuff come out but never been a problem. Last weekend I noticed some white discharge with a little blood. Cleaned the area but through this week the nipple has felt sore but no discharge, today feeling very sore and aching. Have had a warm path to soak it and then bathed it in a warm salt solution. Nothing coming out and the area feels harder than the other nipple if pinched very tentatively. I was going to try and see a doctor tomorrow, is there anything I can do in the meantime?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. What you have described is consistent with the infection at the pierced site. It's not uncommon so don't worry I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations you can apply over the counter available neosporin ointment twice daily at the nipple and you can take over the counter available tab aleve twice daily. Your doctor may prescribe you antibiotics according to his diagnosis and you will be perfectly fine after that. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply, I needed a bit of reassurance as I have read some conflicting and at times scary things on other websites. Can I get those medications from a usual chemist, e.g., Boots, Superdrug or Moss?

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
You are most welcome. Yes you can get them from any chemist easily. Yes i assure you that nothing is serious and you don't need to stress yourself. The website informations usually give us more stress and nothing else :) I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just one more question, why is it that normally (occasionally) white stuff comes out and it's fine after that, but this time, when it feels like there is lots of stuff needs to come out it won't! Thought ther'd be some inernal pressure building up to do that!

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Yes sure i am here to help you. The white stuff that usually comes out can be due to normal shedding of body cells from the pierced area or can be due to fungal infection but this time you are likely to have developed a super added bacterial infection. I hope you got my point. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery