DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I knocked and grazed my shin two weeks ago. A lump came up

I knocked and grazed my shin two weeks ago. A lump came up immediately plus swelling, bruising and hot/redness. I had it checked at A&E. It was x-ray'd and the nurse practitioner confirmed it was not broken. She gave me a tetanus plus a week's supply of antibiotics suggesting that an infection caused the redness. Since then I have had a lot of pain, swelling and bruising. There has been very heavy bruising around the front of shin, inside and outside ankles and all around the back of the leg. Bruising is improving now but leg still swollen and there is still a very painful lump at site of injury (6x7cm). Is this just something that will take time to clear or should it be looked at again?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It should be looked at again.
You want to make sure there is no indication of vein clot on exam.
You don't want to miss this because there is a coincindental injury.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions.
Please do not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX visit the GP or just go strait back to the A&E department? I'm guessing A&E as they would have the facilities for further x-ray/scan etc??

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Yes A and E would be ideal.
Please do not forget a positive rating.