Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

if prostate cancer was diagnosed with a psa level of 7.1 iis

if prostate cancer was diagnosed with a psa level of 7.1 iis it likely to be cured
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Hasan :

Hello and thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you.

Dr. Hasan :

Thanks for getting back to me.

Dr. Hasan :

PSA is affected by many factors like a urinary tract infection, prostate infection, non cancerous enlargement of prostate and even biopsy can raise it.

Dr. Hasan :

So yes it can be cured depending upon the cause.

Dr. Hasan :

But all depends on the cause. Once the cause is cured, the number returns to normal.

Dr. Hasan :

Now coming to your question that ''if prostate cancer was diagnosed with a psa level of 7.1 iis it likely to be cured'..........I would like to say that PSA is just an indicator of how prostate is working. Level of PSA doesn't predict the possibility of cure.

Dr. Hasan :

But PSA of lower side is better.

Dr. Hasan :

Please don't stress yourself till you get the biopsy done and meanwhile hope for the best.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Damien i am sorry you didn't enter the chat this time so i have shifted here. Please read my answer above and let me know if you have other questions. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Final question! if not prostate cancer what else might the abnormality on the mri scan be?

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Besides cancer benign growths of cancer and recurrent prostate infections can cause prostate enlargement. Your previous negative biopsy is the most reassuring thing so far in your history. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.