Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Hi, some advice please, Ill make it brief, uk male, 45 years

Hi, some advice please, I'll make it brief, uk male, 45 years old been having stomach,back,side pain, excess burping, neusea, tiredness for 18 months, had a hida scan which showed I had variable biliary disklensia but surgeon said he's referring me to gastro as he doesn't think I'll feel better if he takes it out, gastro appointment is not til mid jan, now off work and in pain, any advice greatly received, currently doing food diary which is not stating anything obvious, don't drink, don't smoke, do little wheat, no milk etc.,help
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
I understand your situation. Can you please answer the following before I can advise anything.
Q. Are you on any medication?

Q. Do you have heartburn?

Q. Do you have a chronic cough problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, just normal painkillers, no heartburn and no cough
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Which pain killers are you taking? Name?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Paracetamol, the question is Regarding why the surgeon won't remove the gallbladder when I'm experiencing classic disklensia pain, all other tests have been done, scopes up and down and nothing found.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the details, Scott.

Ideally, this is an indication for Gall bladder removal and if you have had upper GI endoscopy to rule out gastritis, peptic ulceration and gastroesophageal reflux disease and the HIDA has shown dyskinesia, there should be no reason why the gall bladder should not be removed given the current symptoms of pain, indigestion and nausea.
May be the surgeon wants your gastroenterologist to give you a trial of Proton pump inhibitors like Omeprazole and Prokinetic drugs like Domperidone before he operates.
I operate on patients who present to me with biliary dyskinesia that is causing symptoms and disturbing their daily activities and if they do not have any contraindications to general anesthesia.
The surgery has been made simpler and more attractive both for the patient and the surgeon by the advent of minimal access surgery like Laparoscopic cholecystectomy.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
If you have more queries, reply back.
Best.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Been on ppis, etc they didn't work, I agree with your answer, thank you, I will continue to fight to get this sorted as I'm lost why he won't do it when everything else has been tried, many thanks, scott
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Best of luck, Scott and Godspeed.
Please do remember to leave a positive rating.
Best.