Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I would like to no what real risk I had from performing oral

I would like to no what real risk I had from performing oral sex on a women (Just the outside part of the vagina, mainly clitoris). It was not for a prolonged period of time either. However I remember having sore cracked lips earlier that day, would this pose a problem?
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions

Giving oral sex to a woman is relatively a low risk.The possibility of infection is higher if there is menstrual blood, if the woman has another STD in addition to HIV, or if you are having sores or cuts in the mouth.

Several sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), including HIV, herpes, syphilis, gonorrhea, HPV, and viral hepatitis can be passed on through oral sex.Gonorrhoea and other STD's, can be transmitted to the throat during oral sex.

The risks of getting an STD from unprotected oral sex are typically much lower than the risks posed by having unprotected vaginal or anal sex.

So botXXXXX XXXXXne is that as you had performed oral sex on female partner although it was on outside parts,for short duration & with sore cracked lips-there is low risk of transmission of STD's.But still you need to get it tested by your doctor.

So I advice you that although the risk of transmission of STD is low here,but this cannot be ignored in any way & definately you need to get it tested by your doctor.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate that you feel that i should get tested and i will. My main concern however was in regards XXXXX XXXXX not stds in general. With specific focus on HIV is my exposure even with sore cracked lips something I should not worry about?

Dear Customer,

Thank you for asking follow up question.

I am happy to help you.

Although oral sex is a relatively low-risk activity, particularly when compared to vaginal or anal sex, it is possible to transmit HIV through oral sex. The risk of HIV transmission from an infected partner through oral sex is much less than the risk of HIV transmission from anal or vaginal sex.The risk of HIV transmission increases if you have cuts or sores in your mouth.

Practiaclly it is said that untill someone has significant amounts of blood in his mouth, such as from dental surgery,oral sex is unlikely to expose the receptive partner to HIV. The risk is more when one has bleeding gums or a cut or ulcer inside their "mouth",they risk HIV entering their bloodstream through infected fluid.

It is uncommon & relatively rare to get HIV infection this way.

So botXXXXX XXXXXne is that although your sore cracked lips, slightly increases the chances of transmission of HIV ,but still it is very low that is the transmission of HIV this way is very low,but again-you need to get it tested at an STD clinic.

Also please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Kind Regards-

Dr.Robert

Hi JA customer,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you get yourself tested?
Was HIV ruled out?

Let me know,
Dr.Robert