Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have been told I have myelodysplasia which is a mild disfunction

I have been told I have myelodysplasia which is a mild disfunction in the bone marrow and it is non cancerous. My marker is currently 106, down 2 points in the last 4 months. I have been told they will review me in 6 mnths.

I am 69, with Parkinsons, generally fit (just played my 165th round of golf this year!). Is there anything else I should be doing to keep the condition stable?

Bill
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Hi--how are your white blood cell count and your hemoglobin?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have no idea...I wasn't given that info.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
OK Bill but why were you checked for this in the first place?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It came from a routine blood test connected to my Parkinsons.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
OK Bill. Since your white and red cells aren't affected so far, I suggest you have a nutrient dense diet of fresh green and leafy veggies and fruits, nuts, coconut milk, tofu or tempeh, and no more than three servings per week of lean meats, poultry and fish. In addition, vitamin B complex, extra vitamin C, omega 3 fatty acids, garlic, and a regular exercise regimen. That should be the best way you can treat yourself for now