Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I got hard bit on finger from Mexican Curly hair Tarantula 2 days ago, fingers sore and ha

I got hard bit on finger from Mexican Curly hair Tarantula 2 days ago, fingers sore and hard to bend, armpit swelling approx 3hrs later and went quite hard in the armpit area, loads of pain in arm and small ammount in lower chest that lasted for half hour, also sweating. For the last 24 hrs I've been experiencing hard cramps in my lower left leg and foot and it is now happening with my right leg and foot, this is coming on very quickly. I am unable to move my ankles too much or any ammount of tension without sudden cramps also.
How can I sort this out? Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question.

Can you go to the hospital?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for helping, I'm unable to get anyone to look after my 3 kids, I could phone my doctor tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply Kerry.

This is highly concerning.

I am worried you are becoming toxic from the bite wound

I recommend you go to the ER immediately.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

NHS 24 got a local Doctor to call me after the initial bite had occurred. I took his advise with regard to keeping my arm elevated and the antihistmine tablets. (sorry for bad spelling).

I ha thought however that because my armpit pain is very minimal now and is no longer swollen and hard, that I was over the bite. I am confused to why my legs and feet are cramping up so hard, I don't want to make a fool of myself by going to hospital, that's all.

Absolutely not Kerry

you are not a fool

Some spiders contain poisons that cause muscle breakdown

I'm worried about that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, well the top of the bitten finger has dented slightly, even though the bite was underneath on my finger pad. I think I will get it checked out then. Thank you kindly for the info and quick response.

Regards Kerry.

you're welcome

let me know how it goes

please don't forget an excellent rating. I appreciate it.
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)