Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have had Botox treatment before with no side effects. I

I have had Botox treatment before with no side effects.
I am a fit and healthy 40-year-old with no underlying health issues.

However, the day before my next treatment I am due to have vaccinations for Hep B, Cholera and Rabies.

The day after my Botox, I am due to have a vaccination for Japanese Encephalitis.
My Botox practioner tells me 24 hours between appointments is sufficient but I'd like to double check with a fully qualified medic.
Can you advise me please?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

I am a general surgeon doing my second fellow ship in Plastic surgery and have been injecting botox very regularly during the past 2 and half years of my fellowship training.
There is absolutely no contraindication of receiving botox 24 hours after another vaccine. However, there is a slight chance of having flu like symptoms 24 hours after any vaccination as well as with botox in some people, and in that case it is difficult to determine which vaccine or botox has caused these symptoms. None the less, it does not necessitate any intervention or cause for worry.
Since, you have had the botox treatment before and have tolerated it well, it will not be a problem if you get the botox treatment 24 hours after the other vaccines or to receive a vaccine 24 hours after the botox.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
If you have more queries, reply back.
Best.