Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

i have a gap in my top from teeth, its always been there but

Customer Question

i have a gap in my top from teeth, its always been there but i have notice recently it now leave s a little blister at the tip of my tongue, not painful just an unsightly little white spot, is there any way of correcting that. i dont fancy wearing braces but is there anything to fill the gap even at nights to prevent the indentation on my tongue?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Hello. I am sorry that you have waited a while for an answer. You can wear a mouthguard at night. These a purchased over the counter and some are boiled and then fitted to your own teeth. They are actually marketed for people who grind their teeth at night. This would work for the purpose you need it for.

You could also buy some orthodontic wax and see if it sticks between the teeth at night. Its made for people with braces to cover sharp areas. It may or may not stick. Its not harmful if swallowed.

I hope this helps.