DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am in the menopause feeling unconfident and forget things

Customer Question

I am in the menopause feeling unconfident and forget things and get in a panic very quickly.
I use to enjoy multitasking, I now forget stuff and get frustrated.
Sex, I find it very difficult to get myself in the mood, which in turn I no is upsetting for my husband as well as myself. My husband still enjoys sex, but it seems only if I enjoy it to.
My mood is lower than it was and I don't find myself as much fun as I use to be.
My hair was always extremely thick and has been falling out in the last 9 months, Other people don't notice this as I still have a head full of hair but it is a lot thinner, Iam concerned I will loose all my hair if this carries on.
My vagina in the past few days has become a little itchy.
I started taking Elleste solo 40 patch twice weekly at the end of March, I'm not sure if it has made any difference
I have the merina coil fitted for the last three years and had one fitted for 5 years previous to that.

I take Tolterodine 2mg twice daily for stress incontinence for the last 4 years and wonder if there is any thing else I can do for this or is there any safe operation to cure this and ifyou have any suggestions re the above symptoms.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It might not just be sex hormones
What is your TSH, T4?
Am corticol?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't no is that to do with blood tests

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Yes
And unfortunately too many doctors don't look tat the whole picutre.
You are not going to be balanced if the thyroid is off or if you have an adrenal problem.
The sex hormones will never be balanced in this case.

I suggest at this point that you see an up to date endocrinologist, or functional medicine doctor...both are highly trained in this area.

You don't currently have enough lab information to even make an educated guess as to what is going on.

Let me know if you have more questions; use reply to expert.
Please do not forget a positive rating.