Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My 6 year old son has been vomiting and diarrhoea for over

Customer Question

My 6 year old son has been vomiting and diarrhoea for over to weeks he has no control over his bowls he usual goes in his pants because he couldn't get to the toilet quick enough the vomiting usually happened during the night or early in the morning
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

How many episodes of diarrhea does he have in a day?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

How many episodes of vomiting per day?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Does he also have fever?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please let me know.

JACUSTOMER-xfzh9huy- : He vomits once a day but it's everything he had eating all day he has around 3-4 diarrhoea a day in his pants his temperature fine
Dr. Shahzad MD :

So it has been over two weeks like you mention?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Is his diarrhea watery?

JACUSTOMER-xfzh9huy- : Yes he's been off school that length aswel
JACUSTOMER-xfzh9huy- : Yes very watery
Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that with the symptoms that you are mentioning he may require an antibiotic for his diarrhea and further testing like a stool test along with blood tests.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Therefore I would recommend that he should be seen.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Meanwhile giving him a lot of electrolyte rich fluids is something that will help him replenish his fluid and electrolytes

Dr. Shahzad MD :

But a diarrhea of two weeks with vomiting definitely needs to be seen and needs further work up.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

if you cannot get him to the GP then emergency visit or urgent care center visit is what I would recommend

Dr. Shahzad MD :

are you following me?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

are you getting my responses at your end?

JACUSTOMER-xfzh9huy- : Yes I am goin to bring him to a&e
Dr. Shahzad MD :

any more questions?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

This session is open for any further questions or comments that you may have until you are satisfied.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.