Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

Iam Rhesus Positive and I wish to know what my Blood Group

Customer Question

Iam Rhesus Positive and I wish to know what my Blood Group is.
When I tell people I am RH Positive as my blood Group, they still tell me they need my blood group.
please help
Christine
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.

When we talk about blood type, we usually consider the main blood group, which is A, B, AB, or O, and then the Rh type, which is positive or negative. You are Rh positive, like 85% of the general population. You also have a blood group, one of the 4 that I mentioned. Whenever you had a blood test to determine your type, they would have found it to be one of the above 4. So it's just a matter of asking the doctor that has access to your lab test which group your blood is. In case the lab test record is not available, you might need to be tested again, but without another reason for knowing, your doctor may not wish to order it. If you've ever had a baby or given blood, the facility where this was done will have a record of your blood type.