Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I had a capped tooth break off, it was between a good tooth

Customer Question

I had a capped tooth break off, it was between a good tooth and another capped tooth. My dentist filled the remaining root, Canal root filling? and told me I have to either have a plate or have my gums drilled and a new tooth screwed in at a cost of £2,000 plus. I have now got a plate as I cannot afford the cost of the latter, It is awful. As a retired engineer I would have thought that a better option is available, perhaps by fitting a new tooth between the existing somehow. Can you help please, regards XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello John,

Unfortunately we do not have a dental category on JustAnswer UK. You may want to consider posting your question on the US version of our site, www.justanswer.com, where your question would be made available to a wider range of professionals. You may be able to get an answer faster on the US version of JustAnswer.

You will need to place a new deposit on the US site. Let me know and I will reverse your charges.