Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

i have rotten teeth and large gaps where some have fallen out

Customer Question

i have rotten teeth and large gaps where some have fallen out i hate the way they look i am no longer going to the shops even because i hate them and how they look but i live in wales where a shortage of nhs dentists around ceredigion and so do not have one i have no mony for them to be done private can you help me please or have i got to sufer like i am doing and getting worse i dont get out of bed for days with feeling so down
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry, but it is unclear what assistance you are seeking.
How can we be of assistance?
What question do you have?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i am depressed because of the way i look because of my rooting teeth so much so i dont go to work or even to the shops and dont want to get out of bed any more i hate them and how they look i try not to show them to even my own family

I am sorry that you are so depressed, but what assistance are you seeking?
What question do you have about your situation?

I have asked these questions to try to clarify what assistance you are seeking. When someone asks whether we can help them, the answer would depende upon what assistance is desired. I have not heard back, so will clarify what can be done over the internet.

If you are seeking an online doctor to prescribe medicines for the depression, that cannot be done, so the answer to whether we can provide this level of help would be no. However, if you are seeking an answer to a question that does not require examination, we can provide that assistance. That can include any suggestions for use of non-prescription products, such as over the counter medicines or supplements.

Since I have not heard back to clarify what assistance you are seeking, I will provide an answer to this latter issue, as that is the most that can be done over the internet.

For depression, the best treatment are prescription antidepressants or counseling. There are some supplements that may be helpful. The supplements are not as potent as the prescription medicines, but may be sufficient for some people. But since these supplements are not as potent, it is recommended that persons with more severe depression utilize the prescription medicines as the better treatment option.

There are nutritional supplements that are precursors of the brain chemicals that need to be elevated in persons with depression, SAMe (s-adenosyl-L-methionine) and 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan). Some people may find that omega-3 fatty acid will help to relieve depression symptoms. The B vitamins, particularly vitamin B6 and folic acid, may help improve depression. There also are a few herbal supplements that may help with depression, including St. John's wort, Saffron, and Ginkgo.

If these non-prescription products start to help, it also can help to ease depression to get regular exercise and sun exposure. It is frequently harder to do this when feeling more depressed, but it may be more reasonable if the symptoms improve somewhat.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.