Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I have been getting sharp pains on the sole of my left foot

Customer Question

I have been getting sharp pains on the sole of my left foot for the last week or so
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Does the pain subsides on walking?
Are you overweight?
Any history of recent injury?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sometimes when walking usually when driving, im not over weight no history of any injury it just seems to come on even when there is no pressure on the foot

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The symptoms of pain you are having in your sole of left foot since last week can be due to a condition called Plantar fasciitis.It is inflammation of the thick connective tissue on the sole of your foot that attaches to your heel.The pain is usually felt at the sole of your foot.

Other less probable cause of such pain can be:a stress fracture, tendonitis, arthritis,nerve irritation,nerve root compression or rarely a cyst.

Most probably these symptoms are because of Plantar fasciitis.

You may need following tests:

-X-rays & imaging studies
-A bone scan

Treatment includes Anti-inflammatory medications,heel stretching exercises,heel inserts.

Do not get involve in any work of prolonged standing and try to rest the painful sole of foot or try to sit maximum whenever possible.Night splints can be worn to keep the sole/heel stretched out when you sleep.

Take tab. Ibuprofen 400mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

If still the pain persists,then you need to consult your doctor to get these tests done to know the exact underlying cause & hence the treatment with prescription medications accordingly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert