Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

How can I improve my performance in

Customer Question

How can I improve my performance in sex
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
It will help if you could provide some further information/clarification:
Do you mean that you are having difficulty in achieving an erection?
Did the Tadalis work previously, but not now?
What evaluation has been done for this problem?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In 2009, I noticed that I dont have strong erection when am making love wt my wife.i met my pharmacist and he gave me drug, vega100.i used it.it was very effective then.to d extent that I can make love 3 times in a day.but bcos of the side effect I was havin then which is severe headache.he now introduced fadalis 10mg to me.wt fadalis, I dont have headache but I used to feel like having malarial but after 3 days it goes off.i dont have blood presure but am diabetic. Pls I want what to do to enhance my sexual performance.if I dont take any of these drugs, I can make love but my penis wl be very weak and I dont enjoy it.

Have you seen your doctor for an evaluation of the problem?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

Thank you for the additional information.

There are several issues to consider in this situation.

It would be appropriate to see your doctor to have an evaluation to identify the specific cause of the symptom. It is appropriate to first try one of the medicines that will generally help a variety of causes of difficulty with achieving erections. The Vega 100 and the Tadalis are the two most commonly used medicines to help men achieve erections, so it was correct to first try these medicines. But since the medicines are not working, further treatment would need to be oriented towards the specific cause of the symptom.

For example, one of the possible causes of erectile dysfunction is a low level of testosterone, and if this is present, testosterone replacement would be the next step. To determine whether this is a problem, it is necessary to check a blood test to measure the level of testosterone.

Another major issue is to assure that there is excellent control of the diabetes. Diabetes is one of the common medical conditions that can affect erections. Diabetes can adversely affect the ability to achieve erections because it can affect blood flow to the penis and nerve function to the penis. Even if it is not the primary cause of the problem, it can exacerbate the problem. Therefore, it is recommended that tight control of diabetes be achieved. If you are not able to achieve tight control of the diabetes with your current diabetic treatment regimen, then it would be appropriate to intensify the treatment for the diabetes.

Lastly, there are some supplements that may be able to help with erectile dysfunction. A few supplements have limited studies to show that they may be helpful and are safe to take, including DHEA, L-arginine, and Ginseng. There are some other supplements that are not as studied, but also would be safe to try, including Ginkgo and horny goat weed. These supplements should not replace the proper evaluation noted above, but they can be tried as a separate step.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can we talk on phone

The rules of the JustAnswer site requires that all communication occur through this forum. What further questions do you have?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Am nt satisfied on ur response bcos I tot u wl give me solution instantly.

The proper management is what I noted above. If the usual first line medicines are not effective, it is more complex than a simple instantaneous solution.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Re u there?

Yes, I'm here.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is there any other drugs I can use?

It would depend upon what is found to be the underlying cause. For example, if it is found that it is due to a low testosterone, then there are several medicines available for testosterone replacement. However, testosterone replacement for men with a normal testosterone level will not be helpful, but does carry much risk (such as for heart attacks).