Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I had lap surgery five weeks ago for Spey hernia then got a

Customer Question

I had lap surgery five weeks ago for Spey hernia then got a pseudo nomads infection in belly button which hadn't cleared when gp did a silver nitrate on a pyogenic granuloma. He has skinned the inside of my tummy button first it was black now two days later it's still really pink and raw not as sore but is this normal
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--this is perfectly normal. The blackened skin was just dying burned tissue and the redness is just a healing burn. It may take a week of so for this to resolve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I wish the gp had told me what he was doing it is so painful. I have blood on the end of a q tip and it was done two days ago is that ok too

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Yes--that's all fine and normal. It will take a few days for the painfulness to go away--again it's like a burn