Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Hello, I had protected oral and penetrative with a

Customer Question

Hello, I had protected oral sex and penetrative sex with a high end escort last night.
The girl was very careful with everything and I checked condom after and it was intact. Please advise regarding STDs. This is my first and last time doing such a stupid thing.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I can understand your concern.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions:

It is less likely that you can get an STD because you had protected oral sex and penetrative sex & your condom was intact(no leakage,no breakage etc).

However,even protected sex cannot guarantee 100 percent effectiveness against STD's.

The ease of becoming infected with a sexually transmitted organism depends on many factors, including the presence of infection in one's partner,the type of infection,the presence of symptoms and the type of sex you are having.

Correct use of latex condoms can reduce (though not eliminate) the risk of STD transmission.

Condoms block transmission STD's by preventing contact between the your penis and your partner's skin, mucosa, and genital secretions.

When you wear a condom,a greater level of protection is provided for the diseases transmitted by genital secretions where as only lesser degree of protection is provided for diseases that causes genital ulcers like HPV because these infections also may be transmitted by exposure to areas (e.g., infected skin or mucosal surfaces) because these areas are not covered or protected by the condom.These STD's are spread just by skin-to-skin contact.

In conclusion I can say that sex with condoms isn't totally "safe sex," but it is much "less risky" sex.

The safest way to prevent STD's, of course, is abstinence, which is no sex at all.

So the bottom line is that as you had protected oral sex & penetrative sex with an escort last night & your condom was intact till end,you are much safe & there is only very slim chance that you can get an STD by this way.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Dr. Robert,

You mentioned that there's a slim chance of catching an STI, are you referring to the skin to skin contact ones?

When is the earliest time I can get checked for STDs and which ones should I get checked for?

I am quite worried

Dear Customer,
Thank you for asking follow up question.

Yes,there is very slim chance for diseases transmitted by genital secretions because your condom was intact at the end of sexual intercourse.

And regarding diseases that causes genital ulcers like HPV,the probability is slightly more when compared with diseases transmitted by genital secretions.

That depends on various factors like-symptoms of your partner,weather she has any active lesions,any discharge etc.

The good thing is that you were wearing the condom all the time & it was intact till end,this puts you in a much safer bracket & hence there is very less chance that you can get an STD.

How soon you should get tested for STD depends on the type of STD; different STD's show up in the body at different times.

The time between first infection and when the test can reliably detect that infection is called as window period.This window period is different for some of the common STD.

1.For Gonnorhea,the incubation period for Gonorrhea is usually 2 to 7 days

2.For Chlamydia-this period is usually 2 to 6 weeks.

3.For syphilis-The incubation period for Syphilis is usually 10 to 90 days.

4.The incubation period for genital herpes is typically 6-8 days, for oral herpes it is 2-12 days.

In broad terms, you can get it tested for these STD's after 7-10 days of sexual intercourse.

Again,you are at very low risk to get an STD this way.

In my opinion,first you should wait & watch for any symptoms you develop.Get it tested ASAP,if you develop any symptoms that can sound as STD like any discharge from penis,ulcers,lesions etc.

Also please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Robert