DrHelen
DrHelen, Doctor
Experience:  UK Family doctor with special interest in Palliative Medicine
74902962

I come on my last night and my new boyfriend is coming

Customer Question

I come on my period last night and my new boyfriend is coming round tonight is there anything I can take to stop it for 24 hours. Like the contraception pill or anything?
Expert:  DrHelen replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am Dr Helen, a UK doctor.

I'm afraid that because your period has now started there is nothing you can do or take to stop it continuing.
The pill can stop a period coming but you have to already be taking it well before the period is due.
The period needs to run its course now.
If you have sex whilst you are on your period you can still become pregnant so you still need to use some kind of birth control such as condoms.
Best wishes.

I joined JustAnswer in June 2013 and am a UK doctor. I have been qualified for 23 years and have widespread experience in GP and cancer care.