Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor ( General Medicine)
9385906

I have blisters on my hand and feet. When they burst it is

Customer Question

I have blisters on my hand and feet. When they burst it is a clear liquid but thety are very sore. Can you tell me what this is?
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 3 years ago.

Greetings !

Welcome to the site.

I am Dr. Kaushik and i believe i can help you with your query.

Well the clear fluid that you get when the blister bursts open is called as serum and this is part of blood that remains after red blood cells and clotting
agents have been removed. It is generally non-infective and is considered to be involved in physiologically normal body's response to external stress.

But since it is being sore then i feel that the blisters may have got infected because they usually are not sore when they burst. So sometimes these can get infected and either there is yellowish fluid ( i.e pus) that comes out from it or there is pain/ soreness when they burst open or both.

So i suggest that you contact your GP and get Complete blood count with ESR done so as to find out if there is any infection underlying to this condition. If there is infection then you shall have to complete course of antibitoics. Also you need to apply petroleum jelly cream on your hands and feet as a lubricant and to cut down on friction which is one of the most common cause of this condition. Other than you may apply calamine lotion and antiseptic powder if you are exposed to allergy.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a Positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there a name for my condition please?

Since how long have you been having them ?

Are there any predisposing factors involved in the development of blisters such as friction, burns or seasonal exposure to cold weather or extreme temperature or is there any history of illnss.

I will get back to you once you reply to my queries.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just woke up with blisters on my feet and hands about a week ago no previous illness have been told it might be hand and foot. They are small blisters across my feet and in creases of my fingers

Have you been exposed to cold or freezing temperature, Burns/ heat, electricity, chemicals, radiation from the sun, or friction in the past 1-2 weeks, especially your hands and feet?

I will get back to you with the final answer after your reply to above query.