Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

For the past couple of days I have got wisdom pain and it is

Customer Question

For the past couple of days I have got wisdom pain and it is quite painful to chew .. This is on the right hand side. I have just felt a lump ( feels like a ball) under my jaw where the pain is coming from and seems to be moving around slightly. What is going on?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Wisdom teeth can be very painful. This sounds like it may be an enlarged lymph node. This can happen if there is infection.

Antibiotics can be given to cool things down for a while. But they are not a long term solution.

Eventually you may need extraction of the tooth. Wisdom teeth dont usually come in normally and often growth sideways or are trapped in the bone. I hope this helps.