Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I took the morning after pill a couple of weeks ago. After

Customer Question

I took the morning after pill a couple of weeks ago. After being 7 days late for my period I did a pregnancy test and it came back positive. I then tested a few days later , it was negative and today my period gas started, 12 days late. What nay have happened? U am really frightened.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.

Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

Hello and welcome

Dr. K. :

The morning after pill is not always effective. If you were 7 days late, and had a positive pregnancy test, then you were pregnant.

Dr. K. :

When you later tested and the test was negative, it may have been a very early miscarriage.

Dr. K. :

Early miscarriage like this occurs fairly often and is called a chemical pregnancy. The pregnancy begins but fails very early and does not continue. Its possible that the morning after pilled caused the pregnancy to fail.

Dr. K. :

You should repeat the pregnancy test after your period is over to confirm the negative result. Theres no need to be scared. Now that you have your period, and a negative test, you are not pregnant

Dr. K. :

I can answer your questions when you are back online