Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

My family Dr.Told me when i was on my 2nd monthly visit to

Customer Question

My family Dr.Told me when i was on my 2nd monthly visit to her, (i have) not driven since i went into hospital on Halloween evening with suspected blood clot, it was just my arthirtus, and all is fine now thankfully,i was in hospital for 4 days, while i was in there being a drinker i askedfor support with my addiction. was asked if i wanted to stop i agreed and received medication.I have not driven since Halloween and I have not drunk since 31/10/13 and feel fully able to drive again being in a good state of mind and good leve lof awareness.I was on a detox drug for 4 days and i am now on B1 daily. I visit a support group called addaction weekly and also attend groups. My Dr.said to contact you as she has found out recently i cannot drive for another 4 months. is this correct?. Yours Sincerely. MR Peter Kendrick.XXXXX Barrington.Cambs. [email protected]
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
There is no way for us to tell what type of report your doctor has viled with the motor vehicle department.

Medically, there is no way for us to assess the status of your drinking.

Do you have any more information?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have been a steady drinker for 45 years.my Dr only just found out that the DVLA had a 6 month ruling after taking detox not to drive,and to seek advice from a DR.or the DVLA.to see if this aplied to my situation. P.kendrick.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It sounds like your doctor is correctWhy have you not discussed this with your doctor?