Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Good morning.I am 71 years old.My wife died 10 years ago.I

Customer Question

Good morning.I am 71 years old.My wife died 10 years ago.I have been with my present lady partner for 4 years & we were about to buy a hose together in the New Year.
She has a 35 year old sonwho constantly looks at his mobile phone,plays games on it etc,even at the Xmas lunch table..He then feels he can talk loudly about vile pornography in front of his mom,2 teenage girls & of course me..I didn't rant or rave & left quietly thereafter...Problem is,they assure me that this is normal in this day & age..I am a retired Royal Navy Officer & used to different codes of conduct..Do you think I may have OCD or something? Do you think I need help?

Thankyou,

Max.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.

There is nothing in the situation that you describe that indicates that there is even a slight risk that you have OCD or that you need help.

In this country, at least, it is also not true that it is now normal to discuss pornography in front of someone's mother or teenage daughters.

You responded better than I probably would have if my son were to have done this.